The children and young people's workforce consists of a vast number of professionals, who each have their own level of expertise and skills to improve the outcome and welfare of children.
As practitioners and a workforce that is responsible to safeguard children, it is important to:
- Make sure that the child is at the centre of all the work undertaken
- Ensure that the work undertaken always adds to safeguarding practices and promotes the welfare of children
- Reflect on safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in management and supervisions
- Challenge other professional views in a respectful manner to understand issues relating to children and young people
- Always consider the child's needs and understand what it is like to be the child in consideration.